Thursday, March 14, 2013

The devil, the Pope, and Justin Timberlake

So, it's spring break.  Right now, I'm procrastinating.  I'm suppose to be dealing with crap.  Insurance crap from the accident, spring cleaning crap, the gym crap.  Crap, crap, crap.  And, since I'm big on procrastinating and I'm finally coming out of my foodgasm from last night, I figured I'd fill you all in on what's going on.

I had grand plans for myself this spring break.  I was going to clean the house top to bottom.  Get rid of all the junk and trash lying around.  Donate stuff.  And, read.  Read, read, read till my heart is full (which will never happen because I love to read so much!)  I did clean out most of my bedroom.  Threw some stuff away, and donated some.  But, I haven't called for pick up because I still want to go through the wet bar.  I know I have stuff in the cupboards.  I just keep putting it off.  Well, not exactly on purpose.  I over did it on Monday and felt it on Tuesday.  Wednesday was dealing with requesting insurance records (ugh), and a lovely dinner with friends, hence the foodgasm.  Yesterday started off icky.  I got a call from the insurance company who basically says "I believe you're in pain, you just have to prove it!"  So, yuck.  Then, I caught up with a friend over coffee. As I'm waiting for her, I see an email from another friend with a video of "All is Well With My Soul"  Perfect timing, Jesus.  I know everything is going to be okay.  So, I go to see my friend.  A friend whom I haven't really *talked* to recently.  You know, 'hi' and that kind of stuff, but not really meat and potatoes talk.   She's been one of my spiritual mentors for about 81/2 years, so to reconnect with her was just lovely.  Then, I head to my docs office to request records.  Fine.  Then, I get one set of my records and call my mom.

Growing up, I watched my mom in pain.  She has degenerative disc disease.  I watched her not walk, but crawl for a year.  She has had slip, ruptured, bulged discs, you name it.  She had surgeries, acupuncture, chiropractic work, again, you name it, all to no avail.  So, here I am, with a slipped disc and in pain.  Sometimes, all a girl needs is her mom to hold her and tell her it's all going to be okay.  So, while talking to my mom, she says "I know what you need, I just can't be there right now" and in my best Babe the pig impression said "I want my mum" and just cried.  My mom is great.  She makes everything better, even anxiety attacks.

Then George took Sarah and I to lunch (Maria didn't want to go and Jaime was working).  We had such a great time and on the way to lunch, WHITE SMOKE!  We have a new Pope!!!  I was/am SO excited!!!
The rest of the day was lovely.  And dinner was spectacular!!!!  George and I got to go out with some friends of ours and had just a simply marvelous time!  God is so good!  I was reflecting last night on the day and how it started off icky and ended just lovely and everything in between. 

Lent is such a hard time.  Heck, everyday is such a hard time.  And, yes, I am an optimist most days.  But man, some days, the devil hits you with both barrels and you don't know if you're coming or going!  Usually, I don't realize it's him until I'm all good and worked up over whatever it is at that moment.  Then, I'm all,'man, not again!' lol

So, today, today I choose to be different.  Today, I choose to focus on the good and not the icky.  The insurance company will not bring me down! I will check at least one thing off my list, and I will continue to pray.  And, if things start to go in the other direction, I'll just pop on some JT and his song 'mirror'.  Man that guy is smooooooooooth like silk.  That will make it all better fast :D

Until next time,
Pray for our new Pope Francis

Love,
Me

No comments: