Saturday, August 5, 2017

The Thing About Cisterns

Over the course of the last few months I've really taken the ten commandments to heart.  Specifically, the not killing one.  If it weren't for spending eternity away from Jesus, in hell, with a lot of people I've avoided during my life, sweating, quite a few people would not be here.

As most of you know, if you are my friend, I love you unconditionally.  You hurt, I hurt.  Then, I want to hurt the people who hurt you.  But, I don't (see paragraph above).  Over the past few months, a few people I love were the victims of mean people.  And, while murder isn't an option, what's a girl to do?  We'll, I did some biblical thinking (rare I know).  And, what came to me were cisterns!  I was so excited!  See, Joseph's brothers didn't like him very much.  So, basically, they threw him in a cistern and went on their merry way.  They didn't kill him.  So, for the past few months I've joked around "we should buy a cistern!" "You can get cisterns on Amazon!" "Another person for the cistern!".  Then last week, God in His infinite wisdom reminded me of the rest of the story.

In case you don't remember, Joseph ends up becoming the rulers right hand man (so to speak) and in the end, he reunites with his brothers, holds no grudge, and tells them basically, what they meant for bad, God used for good.  So, if I get a cistern, dump all these people in it (I'm up to 3 now) then with my luck they'll form a singing group, will be rescued because some record producer heard their sound, and make a gazillion dollars.  So, no cisterns.

What then, is a wearing her heart on her sleeve, let me help you with the vengeance God, my friends/family have been wronged and must be avenged girl to do?  Pray.  Pray for these people (that they stay far away from me lol j/k not really).  Pray for their happiness.  That's a hard one.  Pray for God to soften their hearts.  And, even mine too.

So, as fun as it was to imagine throwing people in the Cisterns, that's the problem with them.  What I was using for bad, God will use for good.

Until next time, pray for those who persecute you (and everyone else).

Love,
Me.
Joseph, you are truly missed.  Thank you for being a part of my life.  I am blessed to have known you as shared so many memories with you.  Thank you for giving me your family.


No comments: