Saturday, January 31, 2009

Am I the only one who thinks it strange that when I drink out of a big mug that's half full, my own eyes are staring back at me? Then, I play around for 30 seconds by removing the mug from my face and then tilt it back again. I do this repeatedly a few times. Yes, I know I'm weird.

I also know it's been almost a month since I've blogged.

Lots of stuff have gone on. Mostly mundane stuff. Here's the highlights...

* Started work at the new Olive Garden on Stacey.

* Attended St. Mark's chrp while simultaneously working. I left work at 3 on Sat, got to St. Mark's and was blessed to be able to sleep over! Then left at 6:15am Sunday to go home, shower, and go to Olive Garden.

* Got to sing at St. Jude Chrp mass! Oh my goodness! I wish you could have seen the procession of the monstrance from my view! It was the most beautiful thing *EVER*!

* Had a full week of training at Olive Garden, then we opened evening only the first week then regular hours on the second week.

* Mom's bday on the 21st. Miss you terribly Mom! Maria turned THIRTEEN on the 22nd. George turned 41 on the 26th.

* We had Maria's bday party sleepover last night with 8 girls attending and five sleeping over. We survived!!!

* Registered Sarah for SEVENTH grade!

* I got to spend some time with my Carol which I haven't had the opportunity to do in a very long time.

* I got to reconnect with my friend Patti who I haven't talked to in ages!

* Have had anxiety nonstop for what seems like forever.

* Went back to see Grace after a five month absence.


Work has been going well. I'm really liking it. Although, I miss my Dr. Pepper family. We talk every couple days and do our best to stay connected.

We've all been fighting some sort of cold at one time or another. No news on the job front for George either.

My prayer life has suffered as of late. The best I can do is say my Hail Marys to Mother Mary and talk to her. I actually said a bunch of Hail Mary's today at work.

I selfishly ask for your prayers as I'm applying for a certified trainer position at work on Monday. I'm really excited. It's a step up the ladder and more responsibility. I have ten minutes to teach them something. And, I have to make it fun. My girlfriend is doing a magic trick that I get to help her with, and I decided to teach them the cupid shuffle! It's quick and easy and fun. Basically, they want to see how we teach. So, I'm not sure if it comes with a pay raise or not, but it's a step up. So prayers if you wouldn't mind.

I hope this finds you all well and healthy.

Until next time,
CHEER FOR THE STEELERS TOMORROW!!! WE'RE GOING FOR NUMBER SIX!!!!!

Love,
Me

No comments: