Thursday, August 13, 2009

I don't like change. I abhor change. And, that's putting it mildly. I mean come on, knowing I have the faces of dead people in my pocket and i put my hand in there! Is that a nose? Did I just poke Kennedy in the eye again? Okay, Okay. It's not that change I mind.

I don't mind change if I know what's going to happen. Then I'm all "good, I can deal with that!" As most of you know I am leaving my beloved cheddar's to go to BJ's. I am going because not only did God *ask* me to, He shouted and hit me over the head until I listened! So, last night, as I am leaving my last night shift (today was my last day) I had a talk with God that went something like this..."I know you are moving me for a reason, Dad. I don't know what it is. And, so far, I'm not liking it, but I trust in you because you know what you're doing. And, let's face it, I don't, lol".

God never does anything halfway. Here is the changes that are going on all at once:

Today was my last day at Cheddar's.

Tomorrow is orientation at BJ's from 5-7.

Saturday I leave to visit my sister, Tina in Florida and spend time with her that I have not had the opportunity to do so in years.

In addition to this great part of the trip, I get to go see my dad and Sarah, whom I haven't seen in eight years. Yes, you read that correctly, EIGHT years. Then...

I get to see my mom and mema whom I haven't seen in three years. Mema is 91 and it'll most likely be the last time I see her baring an act of God. (He's very fond of those acts I have found as of late).

Then, when I come back five days later, I start training a BJ's for the week.

I now have a Sophomore in hs. Wha?! I KNOW! The girls are still in middle school 7th and 8th. So I'm kinda good with that.

George's contract on his job is up in October! God has a plan, God has a plan, God has a plan.

So, the next couple weeks are all wonky and full of change that I don't like.

But amisdt all the change and the uncertainty that frazzels me here is what stays the same...

God's love for me.

Your love for me. Your friendship, your guidance, your sanity.

God knows what He is doing. He knows the plans He has for me...for prosper, not for woe. Although at times, I will lament WOE IS ME! lol

So, change, while it is not my favorite thing, happens. But the constants stay which makes the change not so bad.

Until next time,

Please pray for my safe travel and my sanity and peace during my trip!

Love,
ME

No comments: