Sunday, September 13, 2009

You never know what you'll find

So, I must confess, I am not that great at cleaning. Let alone cleaning out my email inbox. I was going to send an email to a dear friend today and thought "when did I write them last"? Like I said, I'm not that great at cleaning and my sent folder goes all the way back to 2007. lol So, in the search, I found an email from them in my inbox from a couple days ago. Now, I can tell you, I was quite surprised and happy to hear from my dear friend. But, had I not been listening to Gabriel (my guardian angel) or Bob (the Holy Spirit), I would've not searched and missed this beautiful email. Here, I thought I would start my day by sending my friend and email and in turn, they made my day!

A few weeks ago, I was power cleaning the house. And by power cleaning, mean it got to the point that not even I could stand the minutiae that was all over the place and I began to really clean. Not the 'let's move stuff out of the way clean' but the 'let's throw it out cleaning'. It felt good. And, in the process, I found my favorite lip gloss (which I have lost...again, it's forever running away. I think it's in George's car), a favored charm from my necklace, and random change :) Wow!

So, I'm thinking that old saying 'cleanliness is next to Godliness' isn't just for cleaning freaks with a major case of OCD. God is calling us to clean out ourselves. Our temples, that are littered with the minutiae of our lives, the grudges, the judgments that we hold on to, and make room for Him. A new wine/old wineskins sort of thing if you will. You'll never know what you'll find!

Until next time,
What's in your inbox?

Love,
Me

PS. Thank You so very much Jeanne! I love you!

No comments: