Wednesday, August 3, 2011

God, Mary Boyle, and Dionne Warwick

Good morning!

Everyone have your cup o joe? tea? red bull?  Sit back, relax.  I have some things to share.

This has been an amazing week.  Are you guys aware it's only Wednesday!?!  Like Ferris Bueller says "Life moves at the speed of light.  If you don't stop and look around, you might miss something".  So, this is me, stopping and looking around.

Monday, I stopped by my Carol's to drop some stuff off.  (No, not the kids, they were dropped off the night before. lol) And, in the process she wanted to give George and I a little thank you for helping her and Brian out.  Now, for those of you who don't know, I have a hard time receiving.  I'm what you call a giver.  It makes me blissfully happy to give...love, hugs, gifts (bad advice! lol) it doesn't matter.  George taught me how to receive but that's easy when it comes from him.  Although I'm still waiting on my cottage in Ireland! lol.  But, from, others.  It's difficult to receive.  So, here we are and she wants to give me something, even though it is totally unnecessary, which she knows.  I say "you know how hard it is for me to receive".  And in true best friend only style she says "I know, just say "thank you".  So, me, close to tears, says 'thank you'.  That was a grace filled moment.

Then, yesterday, Tuesday, I went to Mass.  Have I told you how much I love Fr. Eugene!?  I haven't even officially met him yet, but he just has this air about him.  Like a Fr. Antony air.  Not that he is or can replace my Fr. Antony.  Which reminds me, Fr. Antony, if you're reading this, don't forget I sent you an email :D.  But, I digress.  Fr. Eugene has some really great homilies.  Then, after Mass, I got to see my Russ for a few minutes!  He's on his way to Boston for orientation so, please say some prayers for him. 

 Then, I stopped in to see my Mary.  Anytime I spend with Mary is good time.  Even if it's for a few minutes.  I can check in on her.  See how I can help make her life a little easier.  She is amazing and yet another one of my favorite gifts from my chrp weekend.  Yesterday, we had time for some beautiful conversation.  And, in the course she says "look how far you've come in seven years!"  She's so smart.  Yup, Mary, God is good.  If seven years ago you told me I'd have two best friends instead of none, I'd tell you you were crazy.  If you told me that my faith would grow in leaps and bounds, I'd say you were nuts.  If you told me, I'd not only read the bible, but that I would have favorite scriptures and stories, I'd say you were a bible thumper and to please leave me alone.  Seven years later, I have two best friends, multiple spiritual gurus, 2 amazing podmates, favorite scripture, favorite psalms, favorite stories and parables from the bible.  I've got my funeral planned (minus the songs, they keep changing, but I have my favorite readings listed and my Teresa is doing my eulogy.  No, as far as I know I'm not going anytime soon, you know me, I have to have control! lol) I now want to be cremated and permanently reside at 1515 Greenville ave (for those of you who don't know, it's my church).  After all, it is my home :D  In seven years, I have been blessed so much, that if the blessings cease, I have enough to last me a lifetime.  In seven years, I have been blessed with  3 spiritual retreats, many amazing silent retreats, and a marriage retreat.  I have gained so many wonderful friends.  I've learned how to have friends and to be a friend.  I've learned how not to guard my heart so close.  I've learned that friendships come and go, but love stays forever.  I've learned that God gives me what I need even though I don't know I need it.  The biggest being my husband.  I've learned what adoration is and how it's a part of me.  I'm learning, albeit slowly, that God is patient with me and I need to be patient with myself.  And, also slowly, that life is a marathon, not a sprint.  I don't have to have everything RIGHT NOW! lol

Last night, my husband and I sat at a band meeting for freshman parents.  I couldn't help but feel bittersweet.  It's Sarah's first year in the Allen Band.  It's Jaime's SENIOR YEAR.  My son is going to go off to college and leave me.  He's going to grow into the man that God created him to be.  This sucks.  Not really.  I know it's a good thing.  I've been focusing a lot on next fall when he goes off to college.  If I keep that up, I will miss all the good stuff that's about to happen.  So, I am trying to focus on the present.  However, that doesn't stop me from getting teary eyed.  So, in the words of one of my favorite singers Dionne Warwick "if you see me walking down the street, and I start to cry, each time we meet...walk on by".  I promise you, nothings wrong.  No one died.  Life isn't over.  It's just my heart coming out through my eyes.

So, that's where we are today.  Wednesday.  Totally filled, with love, grace, and coffee.

Until next time,
Pray for the freshman who are marching in the heat.

Love,
Me

No comments: