Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The elastic in my underwear is shot and other observations...

I started my day around 630am.  I had to pack up the traveling pilgrim Virgin Mary that I've had for two weeks and send her off to the next person.  This always makes me a little sad.  I like having her in my house.  It just brings me comfort.

I continued my day getting something out of my wallet which I put back in my purse (I could have swore I did!).  I then head of to rock the hair net, aka work.  Turns out, one of my coworkers wasn't in today.  No worries.  I rocked the line I was on as usual.  As I was doing my work this morning, before lunch, I noticed my underwear kept sliding down in the back.  The elastic was shot.  Darn me for pulling that string! lol  So, I was doing some sort of hoochie coochie dance trying to get them back up without a) looking like I was trying to relieve myself or b)giving myself a wedgie.  Finally, it got to the point that I just said frack it.  If they fall down, I've got pants on.  And, I didn't worry about them the rest of the day! 

Then, it wouldn't be a day at my job if someone wasn't complaining about the conotworker.  So, finally I said "if she left, after the cheering, party and parade, who would we talk about? "  My coworker said 'each other probably'.  Thing is, the rest of us, we can laugh at ourselves.  Trust me, I was laughing about my undies falling down and shared it with one of my coworkers.  If I can make people laugh, awesome!

Then, I go to Kroger.  Yea, I found a recipe for chicken and dumplings in the crock pot.  All I needed was cream of chicken soup and biscuits from the dairy isle.  No prob.  I go to pay, go to get out my wallet, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's not in there.  So, I head home, minus my two ingredients.  I was all excited b/c George is staying late at work today, dinner would cook all afternoon and be ready when he got home.  So, I get home, look for my wallet.  Nowhere to be found.  Go back to the minivan, nope it's not there.  Look on the couch, nope it's not there.  I'm a little freaked at this point.  What's a girl to do?  I pray to St. Anthony.  "Please, dude, help me find my wallet".   I fruitlessly look a little more, then I sit on the floor to play with Iggy.  Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I see my wallet.  On the couch.  Where I just looked.  So of course I send up thank you's to God, St. Anthony, Mema "and anyone who found it and put it on the couch".

This has already been a grace filled week, and it's only Wednesday.  I say grace filled, minus the underwear situation.  We drove out to Texas A&M on Monday for a tour.  It was beautiful.  And, I was having moments of panic and uncertainty.  My good friend and neighbor, Cat, happened to text me during the trip and she was awesome at making me not fly off the handle and be rational.  She's awesome.  Then, I come home and explain the trip to my Carol.  She's amazing.  She too is the voice of reason that I usually lack.  My son is a wonderful young man.  He's going to be just fine.  My Patti says "surrender all your children to God".  So, that's what I'm doing.  Really hard for a control freak like me! lol

Yesterday was my niece, Elizabeth's birthday!  She's officially NINE!  I get to make the cake!  They're coming over on Sunday for dinner and cake.  I love my niece and nephews so much.  Anything I can do to make them happy, makes me happy.

Then, I had some conversations with my Tina.  We have conversations that if they were ever recorded would make Hugh Heffner blush! lol  We have so much fun and laugh so hard.  Sure, we're serious sometimes, but usually, not so much! lol  Her birthday is 9/11.  She'll be FORTY this year!  I told her forty is awesome.  The best gift is turning forty.  With it comes the 'I don't give a crap attitude'.  It's awesome!

Then, today, one of my favorite grace filled moments happened.  My Jenni called today just to chat.  And, as we're talking, we're trying to plan a time where we can go to lunch.  Just the two of us.  And, she says how she wants to spend special time, just her and I together.  How awesome is that?  God and my friends make me feel so loved :D

My ultimate favorite moment, grace filled and otherwise, was driving down to Texas A&M with George.  Yes, Jaime was with us.  But four hours each way of just me and George time, that was awesome!  We laughed, we talked, we didn't talk.  We don't have too.  We love the silent moments just as much as other times.  It was just lovely.  One of my favorite blessings of the week.

So, I have some prayer requests for you guys:
My friend Cat had to put her beloved dog to rest last Friday.  Please pray for healing for their family.
My other friend, her dog had surgery today for a ruptured spleen.  Please say prayers of healing for their family.  And, a happy birthday to their senior!
Prayers of thanksgiving for my Elizabeth on her birthday.
Prayers of discernment for Jaime as he chooses a college.

Until next time,
Look for the grace moments during your day :D
Love,
Me

No comments: