Friday, January 18, 2013

Forests, signs, and my Carol

Sometimes, we can't see the forest for the trees.  Did you ever notice when you're with a friend and they're lamenting to you about whatever, you have great advice on how to fix it but when the same thing happens in your life you're all clueless?

Yea, welcome to my world.

I've been doing a bible study for a while and I roped a few of my closest and dearest friend in the entire world to do it with me.  This week, one of the readings struck me.  It was how the angel Gabriel came to Mary and announced what was going to happen.  I lamented that God never sends Gabriel or any other angels to tell me His plan.  She knew the plan and got to say 'yes'.  I have to say 'yes' without knowing the plan.  Well, I don't have to say yes, but you get my point.

This past week, I have been sleeping.  Really well in fact, with the exception on one night.  I can't tell you how awesome it is to get six or seven straight hours of sleep.  Only waking once and not five times to pee!  Last night I dreamed I was walking around our church property.  Like I was taking classes or something.  And, I saw a sign.  The sign had such a profound effect in my dream that everyone I came in contact with in my dream I was telling about this sign. 

Then, the night before last, I dreamed I got to meet Pope John Paul II.  I was with a bunch of people in line at a cafeteria.  We're going to pay and the Pope is sitting where the cashier usually does.  He wasn't ringing people up, just talking to them.  I'm all kinds of excited!  The person in front of me says to the Pope "I don't know what to call you" and he says "your excellence".  In my head I'm all "I KNEW THAT!  I KNEW THAT"!  Then it is my turn!  I take his hand, kneel down and bow my head as I say "your excellence".  I didn't kiss his ring (which looked just like a plain wedding band) and moved on.  Then, I woke up.  I was very disappointed I didn't get to meet him!   On the plus side, he's been dead for a couple years so if I was to really meet him, I think that means I'd be dead too, and I'm not ready to go just yet!

There's a point coming, I promise!  I was talking to my Carol yesterday about my Pope dream.  Ever the smart one she says "you wanted signs, you're getting signs!"  In other words "pay attention dork face!"  She didn't say that but I did lol.

So, I'm meeting the dead Pope and seeing signs in my dreams.  So, the sign, let me tell you what it said.  It said "The kingdom of heaven is at hand...the kingdom is now"! In my dream I kept telling people "How cool is that!?  I've been telling people I'm building my treasure in heaven and that not even Solomon!  Not even Solomon!  Heaven is here now!"

Okay, let me explain Solomon.  It's a reading from Matthew 25 -34  

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

So, in my dream, apparently, I'm telling people I have more than Solomon in heave.    Wow, I think I'm getting a bit big for my own britches! lol

So, between sleeping great, and signs and friends, I think I'm going to be okay!  The kingdom is wherever Jesus is.  He is always with me and you.  Therefore, the kingdom is now!  I don't know what all of this means.  Like I tell my kids my crystal ball broke and I haven't got a new one.  But, I know that God does have a plan and whatever it is, I'm saying 'yes'.  

Until next time,
Pray for my bible study group please

Love,
Me

No comments: