Sunday, June 15, 2014

An Open Letter to My Bunco Group

I know it's been month's since my last post.  I went underground for a while.  Went a little postal.  Went a little mental.  Went a lot off the rails.  Kids can do that to you.  I've spent the last few months dealing with the cards I was dealt.  Thing is, I'm not that great a card player.  I'm getting better.  Each day is better than the last.  Some days are good and some days not so good.  What brings me above ground you ask?  Why now? Well, I'll tell you.  I have something to share.

So many friends of mine have truly been there for me during this walk but there is a group of friends in particular, that I have to address...my bunco sisters of the Happy, Hugging, Holy Bunco Group.

The H3 Group has been together for four years, brought together by Bob, the Holy Spirit.  Together, we have done it all.  We've laughed, cried, mourned, celebrated, argued and constantly, loved each other.  We are humans who are sinners with great failings but are all works of God with the amazing capacity to love each other and support each other.

Through it all, this group has been my rock (after God and my beloved husband).  There is not a time when I am with each of them, whether one on one, or at bunco, when I am not at peace.  This is important because sometimes, inner peace is hard for me to find.  

Yesterday, was a day the H3 has been waiting for.  Our little sister, Amanda got married.  It was a beautiful wedding and a beautiful reception.  Before the wedding.  I went off the rails again and was not in a good mood.  I was angry and was spitting nails.  it was not pretty.  During the reception, something changed in me.  I was lighter and joyous and calm.  George even commented on it when we left the wedding.  I confirmed what he had witnessed.   This group, we support each other.  Just being with them fills me with love and laughter and peace.

Yesterday afternoon, I received the best words of love ever spoken to me other than wedding vows by my husband.  My H3 sister Carolina said that I love more than anyone she has ever met.  It was so lovely and meant so much that tears stung my eyes.  

I love these women unconditionally.  They are my family.  I am so blessed that God brought us together. 
Thank you all for your love and support.

Until next time,
Hug your friends.

Love,
Me


No comments: