Saturday, January 6, 2018

One down, 51 to go!

The first week of the new year is complete.  I worked on getting better (and by worked, I mean, took my medicine, went to work, and slept) and kept a few of my goals that I set for myself!  The great thing about life is I have 24 hours everyday to try it again!

Flossed daily?  Nope, but I used my water pic once!
Extra time for prayer?  Once.
Got up earlier?  Nope.
Went to bed earlier?  Nope.
Ate better?  Yes!  I made conscience decisions about what I was putting in my body.  Don't freak out, it's not like I'm all "Kale is life!" It was more, "Peanuts are a better choice than potato chips". 
No drama?  Yes!
Stay positive?  Not as much as I hoped, but better than none at all. 
Avoid negativity?  Mostly!  I removed negative people and content from my social media as much as I could (stuff pops up every now and again).
Be kinder to myself?  Nope.  But, I wasn't as negative to myself as I usually am.

But, like one of my favorite sayings go "If you don't like where you are, move, you are not a tree."  I am not a tree.  So, like I said, every day is a new chance!  So, that's what I plan on doing :)

What is working for me this week?  I'm feeling wonderful, minus the getting better part from being sick.  My energy level normal thanks to thriving!  Like I said before, I cannot imagine how worse my cold would have been if I wasn't thriving!  And, I'm so exited for what the year is going to bring!  Each day is so full of love and promise!

So, I sit here this morning, watching one of my favorite bad Christmas movies (the 12 dates of Christmas), enjoying the smell of my Christmas tree, enjoying the quiet time, enjoying my life.  If I could give you all one present this week, it would be to realize you are enough.  You are lovely just the way you are, warts and all.  Remember, you are amazing!

Until next time,
Give someone a smile.  Yours is amazing!

Love,
Me

No comments: