Monday, December 8, 2008

What a day!

PRESS PLAY!!!

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA




It has been quite an interesting day! First, I wore light blue for the the blue movement (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=59538557048). It's a Marian thing :) Then, work was slower than molasses! I only served SIX salads today (we had salad on the stir fry line). So, I got to help my friends on the sandwich line and grill. On the way home from work, I stopped at the New Olive Garden in ALLEN!!!! WOOHOO!

I spoke with Rob the General Manager who remembered me! He looked for a guy and when he found him told him to get my application out of a binder and set me up for an interview with the other manager and then said...wait for it..."I'LL VOUCH FOR HER!!!" That was *so* awesome! Then Rob, the GM showed the the MASSIVE kitchen! So, prayers please as I have my final interview on Wednesday after work (3:15) and I also have to fill out a personality profile. As if there's a box on any form that I fit into!!! The NERVE! lol As you all well know, I do not fit in *any* box! I am a hexagon! lol

Then, this evening we (the family and I) went to Mass as it is the Immaculate Conception! As I'm singing in the choir at some point during mass, it dawns on me that exactly one year ago today I was at Mass for the same reason. Only last time, the kids and I and George were in tears. We knew at this point, Mom wasn't going to make it. We were passing the holding cross to each other and praying on it. It just so happens that I had that same holding cross in my hands all Mass. The great thing about this cross is that it traveled to Philadelphia last year, it has been prayed on by my family, it has been at my best friend Carol's for a little while, James carried it for Confirmation, my friend Kathy had it while she was in the hospital, and tonight, after Mass, I was taking it to my best friend Tina as her Grandma Kate is dying. But, I digress. Here I was stroking the cross when it dawns on me what today was. A year ago this week, my husband, my rock, flew up to Philly for what turned out to be his last visit with his Mother. And, as I am singing to my mother, Mary, I could not stop the tears.

Mary is the true model of motherhood. One of my favorite prayers to her that I have is when I crawl up on her lap, put my head on her chest and ask her to wrap her mantle around me and hold me. Thank you Our Lady of Guadalupe! Btw-her feast day is This FRIDAY!! WOOHOO!

"Hear and let it penetrate into your heart, my dear little son: let nothing discourage you, nothing depress you: let nothing alter your heart or your countenance. Also do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else that you need?" (Words of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Juan Diego)

What more can I ask for in a mother? Nothing, I tell you! So, I came tonight to worship my mother, Mary, and to praise her. In doing so, I felt the loss of my Mom, Carol, and then, I drew even closer to Mary. How blessed are we to have such a shinning example of motherhood!

The day is just about done. One kid is pretending to be in bed. Two others are heading off to bed and I am going to spend some time with my mother Mary.

Until next time,
Talk to Mary, Pray for my Olive Garden interview on Wednesday, and know how much I deeply, deeply love each of you!

Love,
Me

PS. You haven't heard Breath of Heaven until you've heard it sung by Katie Lacy!

No comments: