Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Great Flood of '10

Just because I watch DIY shows does not mean I am DIY handy. Just b/c my Grandpa was a jack of all trades and could fix any thing and I helped lots of times doesn't mean I can do Jack by myself.

Our dishwasher has been flooding the kitchen. Well, it started out as leaks. Little rivers. So we put a towel down under the dishwasher. This has been the norm for months. Now it's a gushing river. So, through internet searches and friends I ascertained a vague idea of how to fix it. Didn't work.

If that wasn't bad enough, the toilet downstairs kept running. I went to fix it and broke the ball thingy. So, George runs to Home Depot, on his way home, in the rain and buys the part. I fix the toilet, turn on the water, and flood the bathroom (and myself). Now, the toilet is broke, can't use the kitchen sink or the dishwasher. I am surrounded by water and my own incompetence. Lest you think I'm a total idiot and didn't call a repair man, I did that first, however, its out of our budget. Who am I kidding, we don't even have a budget. I can't afford a budget. But, I digress.

I didn't even get to the good part yet. Tomorrow is Maria's bday party with 6 girls (4 get to sleep over) with a downstairs bathroom that doesn't work and a kitchen sink that doesn't work. And, Sarah has a sleepover, no problem, until she tells me tonight, her friend is taking her home from the DOLLS function at some church on Greenville that she has to be at at 7pm. While the birthday party is in full swing and George is at his birthday present/Hockey Game (thank you to the lovely Kays :) ).

I am exhausted. Not sleeping well (hardly ever) and am waterlogged. This beats the Great Grill fiasco hands down!

Only two people ever walked on water. I am not one of them.

Until next time,
Stay dry

Love,
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! I hope it gets better for you! That sounds like one of those days where you want to just go back to bed and start all over!