Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stuff

I've been feeling really icky lately.  Not just physically mind you, but spiritually and emotionally as well.  It's nothing and everything all that the same time.  It was *the* most awful week at work.  It happens.  But, it was not fun, and usually we have fun.  I won't go into details, but believe me when I say it was awful.

Then something amazing happened yesterday that I wanted to share with you guys.  I went to a chrp 5 meeting.  We haven't had one all year.  I didn't want to go.  Not at all.  Nope.  But, I know the drill (the drill being go even though I don't want to and I'll end up having fun), so I went.  I was there with Julie (Wilmoth amazing lady if you don't already know her), Carol (Johnson, the prayer chain guru), my Patti, and my Mary.  It was a small group but it was amazing.  We shared as we always do and then said a scriptural rosary which is WAY COOL.  It was the first time I've ever done one.  Basically, it's a normal rosary with a scripture verse in between the Hail Mary's.  Now, you think that would have made the rosary way longer, but it didn't.  It did however keep my mind from wandering during a rosary more than it normally does.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  But, I digress, that's not what I wanted to share with you.

My chrp sister Carol J (Johnson) said something to me that I needed to hear.  Something that way so very, very freeing and life giving at the same time.  She and I had talked briefly on Thursday when we happened upon each other in adoration and talked briefly about a specific prayer.  Then, when I met her again on Saturday morning I mentioned the prayer along with some other stresses that I have had going on lately.  Carol said 'this prayer is stressing you out.  I give you permission to not finish this novena, it's okay.  You can do it again at a later time."  That was so freeing to me.  I didn't realize how much this novena (it's a year novena) was stressing me out.  And that, that is what I wanted to share with all of you.  The little life giving morsel that prayer isn't suppose to be stressful.  Sure, sometimes, you're hearts not really in it and you are doing it out of obligation, and that's a prayer in and of itself and that's okay.  However, prayer isn't suppose to be stressful.  Like Carol did for me, I will do for you.  If you have a prayer that is stressing you out, I give you permission to let it go and pick it back up at another time in your life that will be less stressful.




My day started off really weird, but turned out pretty awesome.  Apparently, the devil does not like me teaching JYM year two.  This is the second week in a row that he has me feeling ill the night before and feeling awful the day of.  he thinks that I'll be all "oh I'm sick, I'll stay home", but I've had this particular feeling before which means I'll feel sick and then decide to stay home from wherever I was suppose to be going only to feel better about an hour later.  But, I digress, I went to the noon Mass and as George and I walked in they were finishing up the rosary.  I KNOW THAT VOICE!!!  I looked at George and said "Is that Alyssa?!?!?!"  So, we scoured the pews and found her and Thad and went to sit behind them.  I love them.  They are so very, very awesome.  My Alyssa just totally cracks me up!  She is so amazingly smart and beautiful and funny and likes turtles, lol  And, I love her. 

Then, George and I taught JYM-year 2 today.  The class was so much more alive this week than last week (which was our first class).  They asked great questions about our faith.  I don't care if it's on topic or not, as long as it's about our faith, one of us, George, Mirah (our aid) or I will answer it.  And, just as I figured, I felt much better.  Then, I got to have Taco Bell with George and Sarah on the way home :D  While I love all my kids, there's just something about having that little extra time with just one of them with George and I.

Then, went home, dropped off Sarah and picked up Jaime and Maria to go to Life Savers to watch To Save A Life.  Such a good movie!  I definitely recommend it!

Now, we are all home, safe and sound.  The kids are in bed and George and I are heading there.  It's another busy week in our household, but that's okay.  I don't mind so much.  If you wouldn't mind, please say a prayer for me for healing.  I'm heading to Dr. B's after work tomorrow so he can check my back and why it's been going all wonky (that's a technical term).  Also, I'd like to welcome back Tammy Duke!  She's been mia from our little group since she moved jobs.  But now, she's back!  HI Tammy!  It was so great to see you tonight!

I pray that all of you have a wonderful and blessed week.  Remember, don't be stressed out by a prayer.  Just talk to God from your heart and you're good.

Until next time,
Enjoy this amazing weather!

Love,
Me

1 comment:

Candy said...

Thank you for sharing Carol's thoughts. I'm one who has a tendency to very easily give up on novenas, but it's because I'm just lazy. However, i know you have a gazillion prayers going at once, so KISS It, sista. God knows you love him. God bless, Candy