Saturday, December 17, 2011

Prayers, soulmates, and dinosaurs

Not sure if you remember, but I've been saying more novenas.  So far, since I started, I'm on number three.  Check out Praymorenovenas.com  You get daily emails which makes it much easier for me to say the novenas than just trying to remember on my own.  You can post your prayer intentions for the novena as well as read the intentions of others.  During the last two novenas, I didn't post my intentions.  But, I did pray for all the other intentions.  Then, something happened with this novena.  Not only did I post my intentions, but I clicked the little button that emails me every new intention that has been added.  You would not believe how many people are praying this novena!


Here's what I've learned.  We are all the same.  Every last one of us.  We are not alone.  We are all praying for the exact same things.  Health, prosperity, needs, conversions of family members, employment, even prayers of Thanksgiving.   People are praying for their parents.  They're praying for vacations for their parents who work so hard.  They are praying for the family, for an end to abortion.  There is no request too silly and none to great.  To read these prayer requests is quite humbling.  I've read probably a hundred prayer requests since yesterday morning.  And two stood out to me (probably more).  One, I knew right away was from a soul mate of mine.  Their name wasn't listed, just their first initial.  But, I didn't even notice.  I read the request (no names given) and I knew right away it was my soul mate.  How special is that to know that someone you love is praying the same prayer as you at the exact same time?  It made me feel closer to my soul mate more than I ever could have imagined.  The other one that struck me was this woman that asked for a few things and one of them wanting to be free from her anger.  How cool is that?  I know that I get angry and it can affect all those around me.  But never in a million years would I have thought to pray to be free from anger.  And, trust me, in my job, it is so easy, so very easy to get angry and feel awful.  It's so easy to complain how our rights are being trampled upon while the conotworker gets away with murder.  It's so easy to just ignore the conotworker and go about my day.  It's so easy to get pulled into complaining about the conotworker and now the managerinnameonly.  But, instead, most of the time (and I really mean most of the time.  I do honestly succumb to complaining about the aforementioned) it's so easy to have fun.  To make jokes with my coworkers.  To make hot pads into dinosaurs, to talk on banana phones, to sing and just be happy.  We had a sub yesterday who said to me that I must be the life of the party.  I told her 'honey, I'm the WHOLE party!'   Like Trump says, if you don't toot your own horn, who will? lol  But I digress, this person praying for their anger to dissipate really stuck with me.

What I've learned so far only two days into the novena is that we are all the same.  Sure, we may look different, but on the inside we are all the same.  We are all filled with the love of Christ and want nothing more than to be closer to Him.

Until next time,
What's your prayer request?

Love,
Me

No comments: