Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day One

Day One.

After not sleeping well for two nights, yesterday I awoke at the ungodly time of 2:55AM.   I showered and dressed and by 3:40, George and I began our adventure as my brother-in-law Brian drove us to the airport.  That right there, that's Love.

Once at the airport, we checked our bags and proceeded to security.  The lovely agent scanned my passport and said "you're breaking it in!"  I gushed like a kid and said how it was my first passport ever.  Then, it was time for breakfast.  How Burger King was open before my beloved Dunkin Donuts I'll never know. 

While on the plane, I did manage to get a little sleep.  Three hours later we arrived in Toronto.  We have to go through customs.  Easy breasy.  Then, wait for it...BAM!  I got a stamp in my passport!  I felt like Sandra Bullock in While You Were Sleeping when she finally got a stamp in her passport.  We had to pick up our checked bags and then take them to another baggage drop.  Then, we stopped at A&W for some fries and gravy YUM!.  And, then another three hour flight!  Air Canada is awesome.  They have displays on the headrest in front of you.  You can watch movies, tv, listen to music, whatever you like.

The excitement was palpable!  We arrived and as we came down the escalator to baggage, there he stood.  One of the greatest sights I've ever seen.  Dad waiting for us.  I smiled and waved like I was three or something.  I was just so excited!

On the way home, we stopped at a place called Ches's.  I had the fin & fowl.  A piece of fried chicken and a piece of fried cod plus a generous helping of fries (with gravy of course) that would put Mooyah's to shame.  See, I was hedging my bets.  I wanted to try something new, the cod.  And, if I didn't like it, I still had the chicken!  Smart girl!  What can I say, I have my moments! lol  Turns out, I loved it all!

We finally arrived home and I finally got to meet Rita and Kevin and their family face to face.  I've known them for years, but never have actually had the pleasure of meeting them face to face.  You will not find more lovely, genuine people, ever.

Today, I posted the pictures of everywhere we visited today.  Cabot's Tower at Signal Hill, Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto, in Flat Rock, seals in Logy Bay just to name a few.  While it was busy, and I've been excited and constantly smiling like an idiot, I didn't feel remotely rushed.  For lunch we ate at Mary Brown's, similar to KFC.  And tonight Kevin made a delicious dinner.

That's all I've got for now.  I'm just a tad tired.  Jet lag and all the excitement I guess.  I hope all is well with all of you.

Until next time,
Pray for a friend.


No comments: