Friday, August 16, 2013

Days Six & Seven

Yesterday was day six.  Dad, George, and I went to the fluvarium.  It was really interesting.  You could see the river from the bottom level of the fluvarium straight in to see fish.  However, because of the rain overnight, it stirred up all the sediment and it was brown and murky.  It also had reptiles, frogs and fish in aquariums.  I liked the frogs the best.

After the fluvarium, we went to the Government House.  The grounds and the house are extremely beautiful.  George says I keep using that word too much.  Being here in Newfoundland, I can't help it.  Everything is truly beautiful.  Sue me or buy me a Thesaurus lol.

Today is day seven.  Our penultimate day touring here.  Tomorrow we go to bed early as our plane on Sunday departs at five a.m.  Or to use a term I learned here..o dark stupid lol.  Today, we made it to Cape Spear after a few days of trying.  It only rained two out of the nine that we are here and yesterday was overcast.  You want to do Cape Spear where you can see everything!  It is the easternmost point in North America!  I was there!  I have pictures!!!  After Cape Spear, we made our way to St. Thomas Anglican church which again, is beautiful.  The stained glass windows are stunning!  We rounded out the day with a trip to the harbor at Quidi Vidi and my personal favorite, Tors Cove.  Wait till you see the pictures!  So breathtaking!

Newfoundland is truly a beautiful place.  I cannot wait to come back and I haven't even left yet.

Until next time,
Pray for my friends husband whose having surgery today.

Love,
Me

No comments: