Monday, August 12, 2013

Days Two and Three

Sunday, we started out with Mass at Holy Cross church.  I mentioned to George how cool it is to be Catholic, how no matter where I go, what country I go, the Mass is still the same.  The church itself is beautiful.  It's an older church and there were not a lot of young people in attendance.  However, there was this one little girl, walking age, so barely two.  First, this little girl was being loud.  Then she would yell.  Finally, her parents let her do whatever she wanted.  What she wanted was to walk up and down the isle and smile.  Apparently, she knew an older gentleman in the band.  She would wave to him and he would smile at her.  At one point, I was thinking "where are the parents?"  I found the cute girl to be cute, but annoying.  I wanted to enjoy the Mass.  Then, the little girl was making her way to the Altar.  My first thought was a gasp in my head.  She can't go up there!  Especially, when Mass is going on.  Her father came and retrieved her.  Then, Bob reminded me "let the little children come to me, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these".  From then on, I concentrated on the Mass and enjoyed the smiles of the little girl. 

After Mass, we went off the St. Johns to the Rooms.  It's a beautiful museum and I fell in love with the work of artist Mary Pratt

They look just like photographs, but they're not.  They're paintings!  I have been looking the past evening online to find posters or prints to no avail.  However, feel free to purchase a painting for me for the low price of $10,000.  Lol.

After the rooms, we stopped at Tim Horton's for yummy coffee.  Then, we headed off to a small flea market where I picked up a beautiful sugar and creamer set.  I'd take a picture, but it's all wrapped to come home.  Remind me and I'll take one when I get back home.  Finally, it was time for dinner and we went to Montana's and had amazing ribs!

This morning, we drove to Cupid's where we toured their Legacy Center.  It is very cool and I recommend it as a must see.  http://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/planyourtrip/Detail/11098261
After that, we stopped for lunch at Mary Brown's and then headed to Father Duffy's Well.  We came back home and had dinner and now we are done for the day.

It has been such a beautiful few days here.  I have never seen grass so green nor water so blue.  The weather has been nothing but perfect.  Highs of 21c.  I can honestly say, I have never been so relaxed or enjoyed anything more in recent years.  I have my husband, Dad, good friends and God.  What more could anyone ask for?

Until next time,
Please pray for my dear friends husband who needs additional heart surgery.

Love,
Me

No comments: