Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Novena Experiment, Part 2

When last we spoke, I had two days left to go.  In asking for certain knots to be untied, I listed 11.  What can I say?  I was told I could do a whole bunch so I did!  lol  Out of the 11, four were for friends, three were for the kids and four were for George and I.

I was slightly irked after the novena was over.  Well, more than a little irked.  None had seem to have been answered.  Great.  There He goes again with His "big flippin 'no'" of an answer.  Really, Dad?  Really?  Out of eleven you couldn't throw me a bone?   Then today, I get the word that one of my eleven were answered.  I will share it with you.  I had been praying for a peaceful death for my friend Liz's Dad, Larry.  I met Larry years ago when Mom passed away.  He and I were in grief support at our church together.  His wife had passed.  Liz and I have been friends for years.  We are chrp sisters.  In fact, she was one of my dearest friends who comforted me after Mom died.  She is awesome.   Larry passed away yesterday, peacefully.  Exactly what I had been asking for.  Okay, now it should not come as a surprise to anyone who knows me well that my second reaction (my first being of concern for Liz and her family) was "Seriously, Dad!  Seriously!  Out of eleven you chose one that wouldn't benefit my family?" Which was almost immediately replied to with two things a:  "then don't put it on your list" and b:  "you wouldn't want it any other way".  My stupid soul sold me out again.  Yes, yes, I would  much rather help someone else than myself, most of the time.  However, there are those fleeting moments when I choose to be selfish and stomp my feet and go "Gimme! Gimme!  Gimme!"   Even if I ask nice "pretty please with sugar on top?"  I've bargained "I'll say a rosary everyday for a MONTH!".  Apparently, and, you think I would've learned this by now, you cannot bargain with God.

So, now I am gearing up for another novena, the Immaculate Conception Novena to be exact.  For those of you who don't know the huge misconception even among some of us Catholics is the the Immaculate Conception is when the Virgin Mary was pregnant with Jesus.  However, what it really is is when St. Ann, Mary's mom, conceived Mary and was pregnant with her.  Look it up, it's actually very cool.  You can go on my blog and look to the right and you can sign up for the novena and get them in your inbox.  Way cool!

So, what else has been going on?  How's that peace been working for me?  Meh, not so good.  The last two days I have been on edge.  I have no clue why.  Arguments have ensued.  Now.  Now is my favorite time.  I am sitting on my back porch, under a blanket, watching the last rays of the sun disappear over the house tops with my pinion wood wafting from the chiminea (thanks, Alyssa) which is almost out.  Thanking God for answering my prayers the way He sees fit and not the way that I always want them.

Until next time,
Pray for the repose of the soul of Liz' dad, Larry.

Love,
Me

No comments: