Sunday, April 7, 2013

Me, Mac, and Sheila

Last night was years in the making for me.  Finally, after about eight years, I was able to attend my first Third Day concert.  I fell in love with them after I attended a retreat at my church 8 1/2 years ago.  Last night, I stood most of the evening with 5,000 of my closest friends.  One very close friend, Sheila, right beside me.

It was such a beautiful experience.  At times, my eyes filled with tears that didn't escape.  At one point, they sang Revelation, one of my favorites by them.  I looked up, arms outstretched and sang the chorus:  "Give me a revelation, show me what to do, I can't seem to find my way, I haven't got a clue.  Tell me should I stay here, or do I need to move?  Give me a revelation, I've got nothing without you."  Then, at another point in the show Mac (Powell) talked about how God is a God of miracles and how we can ask for a miracle.  So I did.  I asked for a miracle for me, and for my friend.  I was specific.  I even reminded my friend something that I tend to forget often:  Faith isn't knowing that God can, it's knowing that He will!

Last night I was in my own little world.  It was me, Mac, and God, and Bob and Sheila.  I was the happiest I've been in a while.  While Mac didn't sing my ultimate favorite Third Day song, "When Love Sees You", I felt loved.  The love of my friend Sheila, the love of my God, it was awesome.

I just want to share with all of you, whatever you are going through right now, and it's always something, no matter how little it might seem, or how big, God loves you and so do I.

Until next time,
Pray for a miracle for yourself!

Love,
Me

No comments: