Friday, August 1, 2008

Another Day, Another Walk, Another Lesson

I am exhausted. It has literally been the week from hell at work. My co-workers are awesome. We all get along which is a rarity in any workplace. Sure, from time to time, we'll get on each others nerves. But overall, they're a good group of people.

My immediate boss and the manager have been causing grief to everyone over the last couple of weeks. Granted, none of us are perfect. And, we all know how far from perfect I am. But suffice it to say, things came to a head at work this week. How bad you ask? So bad, that I almost quit. I almost walked out right before the lunch shift I was so upset. I told a co worker that I lived with the devil and his mother for five years and was treated with more respect. True! She asked me not to leave. (She says she's leaving at least once a month). Then, after work yesterday she and I were talking and I went through the bruhaha of the afternoon with her. Again, I wanted to leave. But at the end of the day, I love my job, the customers, and my co-workers. So, I made a pact with my co-worker that if she leaves, I leave, lol. Plus, she threatened that if I left, she'd hunt me down, lol. Truth be told, it was a nice feeling being so liked.

I start everyday at work the same....I get three hugs (from three different people). Everyone is tired b/c it's so early. But everyone is happy to see everyone (except for the boss and the manager, lol) Then I see mostly the same customers. There's the preacher that I'm praying for (their church needs a youth director if you feel so inclinded to pray). There's the woman whose mom has been sick who I pray for. There's the woman who comes by and she tells me about the newest movies she's seen. There's tall, thin, carb man (he's watching his carbs). There's a whole host of other customers I could tell you about. The point being that these people make a point to come see me. So, I'm thinking there's a bigger picture here somewhere.

As most of you know, I didn't make Steubenville. This week, I found out I get to go on the CORE retreat! I am very excited. Although, I am physically and extremely emotionally exhausted after this week at work. I'm thinkin' this retreat is exactly what I need, exactly when I need it. There's something He has planned for me. He always has something planned. Inasmuch as I love and need Him. I'm not too keen on walking with Him. It's ALWAYS painful. Yes, yes, I know, I'll be blessed and it's all part of His plan. Still, I'm not into pain, lol. So, I realize this week I was being attacked. And, I probably still am. So, I am choosing to surrender, yet again (a constant process which drives me crazy) and I will go on this retreat and trust that everything at work will work out. And, if that's not enough, I get to look forward to going out with my co-workers next Saturday! We like hanging out and it's hard to do that while working so we try to go out once a month.

Surrendering is hard, but necessary. Whatever each of you are dealing with, know that I am here for each of you. Call on me, anytime, night or day. And remember pain is necessary, suffering is optional! (I know, I know, I'll work on taking my own advice, lol)

Until next time,
Love,
Me

No comments: