Friday, July 9, 2010

Awe

So, I have something to say today.  But, I don't know what it is.  It's more of a feeling that I want to share, but I'm not exactly sure how.  It's not just thankfulness, it's more than that.  I'm thinkin the word is awe.  Julie and I like to share this one conversation every so often about God.  It's about how in awe of Him we are.  Kind of like when you see the end result of something and you realize "wow, Dad really DOES know what He's doing!"  We're in awe of just how cool He truly is.  And, we like to say how we don't ever want to get to the point of not being in awe of Him.  Sort of like "yea, yea, nice rainbow, seen one, you've seen 'em all" or "nice tree, what else can you do?" Does that make sense?  It's just so cool to have these moments of awe with Dad. 

I had one such moment just a little bit ago.  I called my Julie.  She is amazingly awesome, no surprise there.  At the end of our conversation she said "I'll be on my cell all day if you need me".  That one sentence just blew me away.  I was talking to George not too long after and I shared that thought with him.  And, I explained how I will never cease to be amazed one, that I actually have friends, and two, and most importantly, that these friends are so utterly cool and amazing that how I am friends with them is only because of God.  Somehow He found me worthy enough to be friends with them.   Take for instance my Carol.  The other day, when Mema first went into the hospital, I hung out at Carol's house.  I didn't talk, much.  A lot less than normal, and she knew that I just needed to be around her.  Then today both her and Julie said the same thing.  When they asked how I was, I replied I was fine.  They both said "you're not, but that's okay".  That was such an awe moment for me.  I love that they know me so well.

On the death watch 2010 front, Mema made it through the night.  She's being kept calm and at peace with meds as she is insisting she wants to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. lol  My grandma is nothing if not stubborn and at 92 no one is going to tell her what to do! lol  This cracks me up because she and I are a lot alike.

If you wouldn't mind praying for my sisters father-in-law, Mel.  He just had a stroke and his cancer is back.  Also, a friend from York was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and it has spread to her liver.  And then two young boys (about 12) were in a jet ski accident and both are in critical condition.  And finally, for Jimmie Herman.  The world is a lot bigger than me, even though I like to think that it revolves around me sometimes (apparently, my teenagers believe it revolves around them ALL the time lol!) and hey, if you ever run out of people to pray for, there's always the souls in purgatory :)

Until next time,
Relax.  You've had a busy week catching up from having Monday off.  Enjoy your weekend and know that I love you, always.

Love,
Me

No comments: