Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Independence Day

My heart hurts tonight.  I mean, I'm okay.  I had a beautiful day with my family.  Today's my Mom's birthday.  Lots of good things.  However, tonight, after a phone call, I am sad and longing to be in South Carolina with my Mom and Mema.  The call, I talked to my Mema.  More like yelled instead of talked as she has lost lots more of her hearing.  As always, she was happy to hear from me.  It's just the same dance about not being able to see her that hurts.  I'm sure that is God's plan, and I'm okay with that, honestly I am.  I'm just bummed.  Don't get me wrong, I trust in Him completely, but sometimes, His plans bum me out a little.  This too shall pass.

On the plus side, I got a beautiful email from my Mike today.  You know what he said?  He said one of the most beautiful things anyone has ever said to me.  He just got finished catching up on this blog and he emailed me and said that he was worried about me.  But that wasn't the beautiful part.  The beautiful part was how he reminded me of Jesus.  How he was Jesus to me.  He said for me to picture him giving me a hug and for me to give my depression to him.  That he would fight it for me.  If that's not something Jesus would do, or did, I don't know what is.  In this day and age, who does that?  I mean other than a parent to their child, and then you never tell them.  You ask God to give their hurt to you.  Sure, we help others carry their crosses, but rarely is it ever talked about.  But, truly, who asks people, who witnesses to their friends and says, "here, I'll fight this fight for you, you rest?"   That was truly amazing and something that I needed to hear.  I told him I'm okay, because truly I am.  The medicine has just about kicked in.  I am very thankful for that.  And, I've increased my prayer time, and my adoration time(see Sharon, I listened!  A first, I'm sure! lol) so, that has helped as well.

On the must everything go at the same time front, not only is the dishwasher on it's death kneel, the microwave bit it.  lol  On the how cool is that front, yesterday, I took my Carol and her kids to the Treasure Chest!  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's part of the Allen Community Outreach resale shop.  What doesn't sell there, goes to the Treasure Chest.  It's only open the first and third Friday's and Saturday's.  I got a end table, a lamp, and some clothes for $6.75!  Carol cleaned up too, she got two desks and three office chairs for a total of $10.50.  Then, I went back with Jaime b/c he needed a lamp for his room and got a lamp, with shade for $1.50!  Today, I took Sarah b/c she couldn't go yesterday.  I got another end table and lamp (for the playroom which after a major overhaul is now dubbed the kids living room or teen room, lol)  AND, here's the best part, Sarah got almost an entirely new wardrobe!  Brand name too!  Liz Claiborne, Nine West, Banana Republic, Express, Ann Klein, and Geoffrey Beene!  Each clothing item was $.25!!!  She got a new wardrobe for $3.75!!!!!  Well, not all of it was hers, lol, George got a Geoffrey Beene shirt and Maria got a Liz Claiborne shirt, but other than that, it was all hers!  HOW COOL IS THAT!!!  AMAZING!  I so love a great find!  You all know how I love the sales at the Uber Shop, but this is just ridiculous!!!!  I can hardly wait till the end of the month!!!

On the other good news front, My Amy (Morris) and I decided where we are going to celebrate our birthday this year!!!  For those of you who don't know, her birthday is the day after mine, minus three years.  For the last five years (since we've been friends really) we celebrate our birthdays together.  We've gone to see Michael Buble twice, we've gone to Dick's last resort, we've done Pete's Dueling Piano, and last year was Karaoke.  This year, I am so excited!!!  We are doing a murder mystery dinner!  http://murdermysterytexas.com/reservations/dinners/   There were a few to choose from.  The celebrity look alike one looked like fun, but too campy, there was a hillbilly type one, and this one that we chose.  So, I am really excited about it!!!  More great news, My Greta and My Teresa are all better after their surgeries :)  That makes me so very happy!  My Julie and her Mom, Kathy have had major prayers answered this week too, and that just makes me even happier.  Oh, and on Monday, it was My Carol's birthday (for those of you who didn't know b/c I sang it from the roof tops :D)  She makes me immensely happy.  On Tuesday, I got to see My Tina.  Sure, we talk everyday, but I hadn't seen her in weeks.  We happened to be at church at the same time and ended up going for coffee.  It totally made my day!  And then, there's my husband, George.  There's really not enough words to tell you all how he is my rock.  He is so full of love and support.  He checks in and up on me.  He knows when to leave me alone and he knows when to keep pushing even when I tell him, not so kindly, to back off.  He is the love of my life and I cannot get through the day without him :)

So, in a nut shell, I am blessed beyond all measure.  Even with depression, a dying Mema and appliances that don't work, I am blessed.  You and I, we walk through the valleys, we climb the mountains, and we carry our crosses.  But, we are blessed, because we do it together.  You and I, WE are richly blessed.


Until next time,
Pray for all of those who serve our beloved country so that we can be free.


Love,
Me


PS.  on the website itself www.chrpangel.blogspot.com there is a follow button.  Click that and you'll automatically be notified when the blog is updated.  The email method won't be available much longer.

No comments: