Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I do not work for burger king

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Today is one of those days.

I'll spare you most of it and get right to the highlight...dinner.  Now, when I was a kid you ate what was put in front of you.  You didn't like it, too bad.  Liver and onions, mulligan stew, stuffed cabbage, peas.  It didn't matter.  Apparently, sometimes my kids don't seem to subscribe to the theory that George and I are the parents and do not run a restaurant.  I'm all excited, making a new recipe tonight.  The best kind of recipe, one out of my head, on the spot, not from a cookbook.  Rice and chicken gravy.  Mandarin orange glazed carrots, and apple root beer chicken.  Yes, you read that right, apple root beer chicken.
And, here's how it plays out...

Kid 3:  is that applesauce on the chicken?
Me:  yes.
Kid 3: ewwwww
Kid 2 walks in:  What's that on the chicken?
Me:  Poop!  And to make it even better, I peed on it too! (side note, I did not do either, but after a trying day and listening to kid 3 question my cooking ability, I have had it)
Kid 3 laughs.
Kid 1:  You put root beer on the chicken!!!!?
Me/Kid 3: NO!/YES!!!  as I shoot her the be quiet eyes!
Kid 1:  YOU KNOW I'M ALLERGIC TO ROOT BEER!!!!  YOU KNOW IT MAKES ME YAK!
Me:  SERIOUSLY!e (like I would purposely cook something that's going to make my family sick! jeesh!)

Amazingly enough, all three kids ate dinner...and lived!  And, kid 1 still hasn't yaked!  And, they, who hate being wrong said with lowered eyes trying not to smile, that the chicken 'wasn't bad'.

I cannot wait until they have kids of their own! lol

And, as I said, that was just the highlight lol
Until next time,
Pray for my friend, Amy, Friday is her 40th birthday!!!  Amy, I love you!!!
Love,
Me

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yum!!! growing up I ALWAYS dipped my chicken in applesauce at home- jealous of this apple root beer chicken stuff :)