Sunday, July 3, 2011

You can't see the sun when your crab diggin

I've been crabby the past few weeks.  And, that's to put it mildly.  I'm blah and just spiritually dry.  I've buried my head in the sand, hence the crab diggin.

In 8 days it will be the one year anniversary of Mema's death.  I just can't deal.  I haven't been dealing.  I've been manically trying not do deal by putting my head in the sand and painting every room in the house.  Granted, they're not all done yet.  The kitchen's been redone, minus the touch ups.  The family rooms just about finished. 

Eight days before my Grandparents fifty-fifth anniversary, my Grandpa passed.  Eight days from now, it will be a year.  a year without hearing her voice, hearing her laugh.  Without hearing her pearls of wisdom such as "now you're cooking with gas!"  or "go pound sand".  I don't like it.  Not that I never will. 

Just wanted to surface and let you know where I've been, and where I'll be for the foreseeable future.

Until next time,
Pray for all our soldiers who are away from home fighting.

Love,
Me

No comments: