Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A day full of love

Today, Love is...

A friend at work putting her hands in mine and asking *me* to pray for her (which I did of course).

A friend at work asking why I'm going to the doctors (I left early because today is my day to see Grace) out of concern, not out of curiosity.

My son greeting me at the car when I got home from work this afternoon and telling me how he ran down the stairs this morning to give me a hug good-bye, but missed me.

Hearing "Mrs. Schafer! Mrs. Schafer!" in Target this evening to turn around and see one of my favorite JYM students give me a great big hug.

Seeing my chrp sister in Target and getting a great big hug in the middle of the store followed by an "I love you".

Having my cashier at Target be my dear, dear friend Mini from church whom I haven't seen in FOREVER! The first thing she does before ringing me up is lean over the register and give me a great big hug and a kiss! And, of course, a hug and a kiss on the way out too!

My daughter, Sarah, setting the coffee pot for me this morning so I'll have fresh coffee in the morning and not have to make it.

My daughter, Maria, giving me a great big kiss and telling me I smell like cheese :)

My husband sitting beside me watching tv after a long, long, long day at work.

It has been a blessed day. All my days are blessed, actually. But the special blessing today is that I was able to *see* the treasures and blessings that made up today.

Until we meet again,
Love,
Me

No comments: