Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A couple things to share

First off, thank you to all that voted, whomever you voted for. I don't know if it's b/c I'm a military brat or not, but I get so overwhelmed by the liberties that we have in this country and the right to vote is just simply breathtaking. I realize that our new president is not one that many of us had wanted. It's okay to be disappointed, but now I ask for your prayers for our new president. Your new president. My new president.

Did I ever tell you I worked for the government? Federal and State? Well, I did. And one of my favorite things is taking the Oath to "support and defend the constitution of the United States..." It's a similar version to which the enlisted soldiers and the president take. It is the coolest thing in the world to me (next to Suzanne, she's uber cool! Happy Birthday Suzanne!) So, while I do not agree with the choice, I am still happy to be living in a country that gives us a choice, and I will support my president and I ask you to do the same.

Secondly, totally unrelated to the first...

You know the stages of grief form that goes around? I found mine the other day and I lost it. So, I made up my own. In six weeks I will be celebrating mom's trip home to God. So, I'm a little wonkie emotionally for a while. Yes, this is in addition to my normal emotional wonkiness.

The Stages of Grief:

This isn't fair.
Death sucks.
No, seriously, this isn't fair!
Can I come too...oh wait, not ready yet!
I'm Angry.
I'm angry at God.
I'm angry at my family.
I'm angry at the weather.
I'm just plain angry.
You want me to cook what? Dinner? I'm grieving here you're lucky my butt is out of bed!
I miss you lots and lots.
Hey, showering isn't so bad!
No, I'm not fine. I'm not ever going to be fine again. Quit asking.
Yes, you want to do something for me? Bring my loved one back.
More Anger.
Dude, I didn't think I had anymore tears left. Guess I was wrong.
Hey, did you see the sun today?
Look, honey, I remembered how to do the laundry.
Thank you spouse for picking up my slack.
Wow, the sun really does get up in the morning.
Crap, it's almost a year!
More Anger.
Lots more tears.
That's as far as I got as that's as far as I am. It will get better.

Have a blessed day and until next time,
Pray for our president, pray for me, and pray for my mom.

Love,
Me

No comments: