Monday, November 17, 2008

Update

So, I didn't get the Cheesecake Job. That's okay.

I called Olive Garden on Thursday and inquired about the new one in Allen and spoke to the manager. He said to go in last Friday. So, I did. I had a mini interview that went really well. Spoke with one of the trainers. They even gave me a few applications for the people that I work with. The bad news is that they're not doing anything with the apps until Dec 8th. More waiting.

Today, I found out this is most likely my last week on my station, then Evil Troll is moving me to the gift shop. I SO DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE SHOP! With every fiber of my being, I don't want to be a cashier!!!! They also had me go home early b/c we weren't that busy. Y'know, there's other employees they could've sent home. But since I'm irritable and tired of their crap, the less I have to be there, the better.

Then, today, I applied at Victoria's Secret. I worked for them almost 20 years ago. It's less money, but more hours and the sooner I can get out of Dr. Pepper and the gift shop, the better. Then, I'll have something until Olive Garden comes through (if they come through).

I'm not happy. Actually, I'm sad and somewhat heartbroken. I just like the people that I work with. Even the customers. I can't even tell them that my station is closing. It's like one day I'll be there and the next, I'll be gone and in the stupid shop.

~Sigh~

So, tonight after Victoria's Secret, I came home, went upstairs, changed and laid in bed and started to pray to Dad. I gave Him a lot for His to do list. I'll try not to take it back. I don't recommend praying while laying down as I fell asleep for a few minutes, but I think it was His gift to me. Matthew 11:28-30 'come to me all you who are labor and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart. For my yoke is easy and my burden light.'

I came to Him. And, He gave me rest. Interesting. Hopefully, He'll give me a job at Olive Garden with my friends.

Until next time,
Say a prayer for the repose of the soul of my mom, make yourself a cup of tea, and enjoy the weather.

Love,
Me

PS. Here is something that makes me smile....My family Carol, Kim, and Tina all in one place with me :)

No comments: