Monday, November 3, 2008

It's been a while

I know I had a flurry of blogging going on last week and then it seemed like there was nothing. Well, at least to me. Thank you for all your kind words, every one.

I just wanted to remind everyone who hasn't yet to get out there and vote tomorrow! Vote for LIFE!

I have pictures of our Halloween Party from Saturday that I'll be posting later, maybe tonight. I'm still waiting on the one from the Rockin C retreat with me on a horse and Nancy is having technical difficulties with her system so when I get the motorcycle one, I'll post it before I frame it!

For those of you who don't know, yesterday was all souls day! The Lifesavers youth group that I'm involved in on Sunday evenings went to the oldest Catholic Cemetery in Collin county (it's in Wylie/Parker area) to pray the Rosary.

It was way cool! It was really dark. Man, though, those stars! They were amazing! And, you know, as I'm standing there with these teens and these other core members (adults)I felt peace. I must confess, I've not become a lover of spooky movies. And, mostly, I'm easily startled/scared. This was totally out of my comfort zone. But, I'm tired of chickening out of stuff (like the zip line at the retreat. Not the horse mind you, that was fine to chicken out of! lol). So, I went. While my intention was to pray for the dead and the dead of my family and friends, my mind would only stay on one. Mom. George's mom. My mom. I know she was there. I kept looking around (as did some of the kids) for 'something to happen'. But everything stayed calm. Then, I smelled incense, twice. That one was easy to figure out. I looked up and realized I was standing next to Jake who was the Thurver at Mass not 20 minutes before. To those of you who don't know (I didn't at first) the Thurver is the person who works the incense during Mass.

Anywho, nothing happened out of the ordinary. I kept talking to mom. I so wanted her to talk to me. I miss her more than I can tell you. I wanted to see her again, not later, now. But, I knew and she knew that I'd probably run for the hills screaming and take all the teens with me! So, when I finally let go of looking for her, a calm had taken me over. She was there. As sure as I live and breathe, she was there. I talked to her and prayed the Rosary with the teens. Man are these teens ever awesome!

Until next time,
Please pray for the souls of the faithfully departed, pray for those who are coming upon the anniversary of a loved ones death, and please, please, please, get out there and vote tomorrow!

Love,
Me

No comments: