Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gimme a Revelation

To my crhp group, my bible study group, and my St. Ignatius Prayer group: Remember about five years ago when I would pray for God to send me billboards cause I was so thick and I couldn't hear Him very well? Yea. Well, you know times are changing when in prayer last night I said to Him "enough with the billboards already!" lol

He has been calling me. So, I picked up the bat phone and He still keeps calling. It's like you're talking to someone on the phone and call waiting beeps in and it's the same person!!!! I went to church last night and the song was Here I am, Lord! I cried all the way through. Dude! I get it! You're calling me!!! Then, was it this week I think, Isaiah 43 kept being brought to me. And, here I am this evening working on my paper for crhp and a scripture came to me but I couldn't remember where it was "I have called you by name." I'll give you three guesses where it comes from! Yea, I had to look it up. Isaiah 43:1-2!!!!

So, after the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES WON THE 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHI I told George I was gonna work on my paper and zone out with my music. I heard a song from one of my all time fav groups Third Day a little while ago. It's from their new album Revelation. It was the title track. So I found it and played it. Sigh. Yea, more billboards. Here it is for your enjoyment.

Thank you to all of you who have ministered to me this week. Thank you for being billboards. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for our little inside jokes. Thank you for making me feel so remarkably special and so unbelievably wanted. To Carol who asked for a favor with "please? For 'your' Carol" as if I'd ever say no to her; to Julie and her infinite wisdom; to Sharon for sharing her courage; for George for all his love and support; to my sister Tina who is having my niece Katie as we speak! To Tina (Myers) for your unwavering support; to Tina (Scheckel) I miss you terribly. You have been such a witness to me this week. I have been talking to you and calling on you. To Suzanne (Endress), you ROCK! You are so strong and so funny and so unbelievably cool. When I grow up I want to be just like you! To Jeff, for being one of the girls. To Evelyn for being there just when I needed you. And to my Adam who thought I wasn't talking to him b/c of something he said. Dude! You're my Adam! Ain't nothin' in this world gonna change that. And Dude, seriously, me stop talking?! The only time was at Monserrat on the silent retreat! It's all good!

So, without further ado, here is Third Day's Revelation.
Until next time,
Have a beer and celebrate the Phillies win, say a prayer for my sister whose having my baby Katie, and if I don't talk to you before then, have a happy halloween!
Love,
Me

No comments: