Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What a day!

So, you guys know how much I love my job, evil troll not withstanding. There's been rumblings of stations closing and that the management was leaving but that we'd be okay.

Yesterday, the evil troll decides to tell me before the lunch rush that in two weeks they're closing my station. Then she says I'll work in the company store (just down the hall) for a few weeks until that closes and then they'll move me to another account. There' one available right now, in Carrolton. So, now I'm upset. I don't want to go to Carrolton (they do have other accounts). I go to finish getting ready for lunch and she then comes up and tells me not to tell anyone b/c she doesn't want them to worry about their positions!

Now, I'm fuming and trying to hold back tears. When I get angry I cry. I not only love my job b/c of my customers. I love my job b/c of the people that I work with. How often do you get a job where you get along with *everybody*?! Plus, I've grown quite attached to a couple people there and I cannot imagine not seeing them everyday. So now I'm even angrier. I tried to calm myself with the fact that at least at the store I'd be able to see everyone during our lunch break. Turns out that wont happen. My lunch would be at 11 instead of 1:30 so I can't even talk to them. What is worse, is that my friends see that I'm upset and they know that Evil Troll had something to do with it. I just can't tell them. Ahhh, but if they guess I didn't tell them! lol I might try that today. So here are my friends who want to help, but don't know how. So, they did the next best thing. One gave me a hug (which I get all the time, this one was an extra one) and another one says "smile, God loves you." So, I smiled and said He was the only one and she said "No, a lot of people here love you."

Sadly, even the customers noticed something was up. Instead of saying "wonderful" when asked how I was, I would say "Good. Or Great." They would look at me at knew something was wrong. And gave me extra smiles or have a good days. I tried to hide the fact that the day was now in the crapper, but you guys have met me. You know me. There are two things I'm bad at. Lying and acting (George would say humor too lol). So, it was pretty easy to pick up on my mood.

So, I'm fuming and I say to the chef "I can't believe she couldn't have waited until the end of the day to tell me this!" He sees I'm upset. Follows me and I begin to tell him what happen (as if he didn't already know!) and I cry. It was very hard not too. I want to go home. He says maybe I can leave early. In the course of the next 30 minutes he has me go talk to evil troll who the minute I walk into her office starts YELLING at me! Now, I'm no manager, but I'm pretty sure YELLING at your employee is not only bad form, but not allowed. She doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I'm not getting fired. blah..blah..blah. This woman has no heart and no soul, so I'm not going to waste my breath explaining anything to her. I resist the urge to wish that she gets run over by a truck on the way home.

As it turns out, my position isn't the only one disappearing. So, I decided yesterday that I'm going to leave (God willing) before I have to work in the store and be isolated (I'd be by myself. Granted, I'd be in good company lol). So yesterday, I applied at a couple places, Mimi's and Cheesecake Factory both here in Allen. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want the Cheesecake job! So I am selfishly asking for prayers that I get the Cheesecake job.

I of course called George during work when I could, then on the way home I called Tina (M). After rehashing the day I was in tears. Now, keep in mind, I'm pmsing and it's been a really bad week and then a craptastick day. I was crying pretty bad. She had me come over just so she could give me a hug (awwwwwwwww!). Then, I had crhp outreach last night. Didn't want to go. George said I should so I did. I hate it when he's right (which is most of the time). He and Carol cornered the market on being right which doesn't bode well often for me! lol

I know God has a plan. I know He loves me. I know everything will be okay. I just want His plan to include the Cheesecake Factory, is that so wrong?! lol

Please pray that today goes well. That the Evil Troll ignores me and lets me work in peace and that I get the Cheesecake job.

Until next time,
Appreciate your coworkers, pray for your bosses, love one another.

Love,
Me

No comments: