Monday, March 5, 2012

One down, eleven to go

So today was my very first boot camp.  Ever.
I had deluded myself that since today was the first day, we'd be taking measurements and doing a little bit of exercise.  That did not happen.

First, I must tell you, I was so exhausted last night, I couldn't wait to fall asleep.  Apparently, I was so excited about camp today or I was afraid my alarm wouldn't go off, that I really didn't sleep.  Finally, at 2:30, I begged God and Mary to please let me get some rest.  After all, I did have to work today.  The next time I looked at the clock was 4:40.  So I shower before camp and brush my teeth.  Really, I don't want to show up all smelly.

I arrive by 5:16.  It starts at 5:30.  I'm the first one there.  Soon enough we all get there and begin by...going up to the roof!  It dark.  The sun is hitting the snooze alarm.  Then, I have to run two laps.  Okay.  First of all, I'm not a fan of heights.  Second of all, I'm not a fan of the dark.  And finally, I only run when being chased.  So, I give it a whirl and start to run.  I run about a quarter of the way and start sucking wind.  So as to not pass out, I start walking fast, as fast as I can.  The others are around the turn and just about disappear.  Dear God, thank you for fencing the roof in.  Please don't let me trip over anything, least of all my own feet.  I manage the first lap and Coach T graciously has me go just a bit further and not attempt another lap.   Then, we have to do bear crawls.  You know why bears crawl the way they do?  Because they can't crawl on their knees!

When that's done, we get to go down off the roof (yay!) into the garage and grab a tire.  Tires are fun...not.  Then, at the end we get to go and do suicides.  I didn't know what they were.  I know now.  And, if you're going to kill yourself, instead of doing suicides, take the easier, more humane way out and just jump in front of a moving train.  lol

When all is said and done and I get in my car, I wanted to cry.   No liquid ever came out my tear ducts.  I was so sore and exhausted.  And, I cannot wait to go back.   It's totally awesome.

Until next time,
Please pray I don't die while at camp.

Love,
Me

No comments: