Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You're right.

I've lost count of how many boot camps I've been too and how many are left to go.  All I know is that I keep showing up until I hear "welcome to our last class". 

Today's boot camp majorly kicked my butt.  Today was the first day that I truly didn't want to be there.  I didn't want to get out my bed.  But I did.  We worked our butts off today.  And, my knees were hurting, but I kept going.  Every exercise, every challenge.  At one point, towards the end, I cried.  Not a lot, but my eyes were definitely leaking.  I just kept going and going and going.  Then it occurred to me, I thought by now that boot camp would be a piece of cake.  I thought that all this exercise I'm doing that's making me stronger would make boot camp easier.  So, I asked Coach Steve this very thing.  Coach Steve is a wise, wise man.  He said we always need to push ourselves.  That if we did what we did on the first day, sure, that would be easy, but in order to grow we need to keep pushing ourselves.  And man did I push myself today!  Thanks be to God that I don't have to go back to boot camp until Monday.

You know, the biggest response I've been getting, other than how good I'm looking, is how people are like "I could never do it", or "you're stronger than I am".  And I don't believe that for one second.  I never thought in a million years that I'd be a size 12.  I never thought I'd be enjoying the gym or that I would join a boot camp.  To this day, I don't know what possessed me to sign up for boot camp.  But I'm glad I did.  Yes, boot camp is hard.  Yes, I ache and I'm tired.  All I know is I never stop.  I am the epitome of 'if I can do it, you can do it'.  You guys can do it!  There's a saying that goes "if you think you can, or think you can't, either way you're right". 

I'll be gone for a few days.  I leave tomorrow to head to Montserrat for my silent retreat.  I'll be back Sunday afternoon.  Not to fear, I will be getting my exercise in :D

Until next time,
Thanks podmate for yesterday.  You are amazing!  I'm so glad God gave me you!
Pray for everyone today.

Love,
Me

No comments: