Monday, September 15, 2008

Prayer Requests

I love this time of year. I love the change in the air. How it becomes thin and light and crisp. I love wearing sweatshirts especially my favorite one. It's big and white and has a christmas tree on it. I got it a couple years ago from the Gaylord Texan when we went to see Ice. But, I digress. I love this time of year.

This morning, as I was driving to work, it was dark. Like serious dark. Axe murderer dark. Well...not axe murderer dark, but definitely don't stop to pick up a hitchhiker dark. Then, leading me my entire way to work was *the most beautiful* full moon you have ever seen. I think that has to be absolutely my most favorite thing about living in Texas. How big the moon is. This moon guided me to work. I couldn't help but stare at it in wonder (don't worry, I didn't crash. I'm a good driver, lol). It made me think of God. How He watches over us. That was really comforting.

Today is a bittersweet day. My dear, dear, friend. My crhp sister, Patti, lost her Mom yesterday. Technically, it was her mother-in-law, but she's as close to her as I am to mine. We knew this day was coming for at least a year. Still, it's hard. We are happy that Barb is now home. Home among, St. Theresé, Blessed Mother Theresa, and Pope John Paul II. We are happy she is at rest. Yet, we are sad that she is no longer with us. Please pray for strength, comfort and peace for the entire Jones family.

In addition to Barb's death, today is a special day. Twelve years ago today, my Grandpa died. He and I were extremely close. He gave me what my father couldn't. He loved me for me. I miss him.

Also, one of my closest friends on the entire planet is leaving for home on Wednesday. Her Mom has been battling cancer and has taken a turn. Please play for safe travel for her and a peaceful death for her Mom.

On the wonderful news front, my dear, dear friend Suzanne's son was given fantastic news as her son Phillip can start maintenance and now go back to school tomorrow!!!

I'd like to send a special thank you out to Julie (BIG THANKS!) God put you where I needed you yesterday. You are such a voice of reason! All is okay :)

And, I'm sure most of you got this already, but if you would please pray for me tomorrow as I have an appointment at 3pm with the doctor to see about getting off my meds and tapering them off. I would love to be off of them.

Please pray for all of those who are so deep in depression, who feel so lost, so hopeless. Pray that they feel the comforting touch of our Father.

Until next time,
Love,
G

No comments: