Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update

So, I was a bundle of nerves today. I had the doctors apt today. I asked my friends at work to pray for me. I didn't tell them why, just that I had a doctors apt. I was psyching myself out. What if the doctor said I had to stay on the meds? What if he didn't find me sane enough to get off of them? Technically, I'm not exactly sure how sane I was before the meds or after, lol.

No one could go with me. Usually, I go to the doctors by myself. But for big things, I bring someone. To me, this was a big one. My boss said he'd drive me, which I thought was nice. I told him I could drive, thanked him and told him all will be okay. I dropped the bowls (stainless doesn't break :), I dropped the chicken (yikes), I dropped spoons. I was a dropping MANIAC!!! And, I had two cups of coffee WITH CAFFEINE! That may of had something to do with the dropping, lol. I was also way quiet today. Totally freaked out my co workers. "Why are you so quiet?!!" "Everything is going to be fine!" In fact, one called me this evening to make sure I was okay and said "See, I told you it was all gonna be okay :)!" I love my job!

My favorite though was yesterday when I was talking to my Carol. And she said something that I totally forgot about. It's something that you know in your heart, but sometimes need a reminder. She said "I'll be with you. I'm always with you." I wish all of you could know the Carol that I know. I wish each of you could feel the way Carol makes me feel. The feeling that no matter how bad you screw up, they love you. Don't get me wrong, she yells at me sometimes when I totally deserve it. She tells me like it is. Carol knows me better than anyone (next to George). There is such a comfort in that. When was the last time someone told you "I'll be with you, I'm always with you?" EXACTLY! Why yes, Carol is just short of walking on water. Can't you tell? lol. She has this gift of saying what I need to hear exactly when I need to hear it. She's funny and wise and teaches me stuff all the time. I know you guys didn't think I got this cool on my own! Carol was a big part of it! lol


Today, Tina couldn't come either. But she said, "I'll pray for you at 3:00" And to come over after the doctors either way. How cool is that? I got to spend about an hour with her and two of her kids just having fun. After a day of nerves and dropping things, it was great to unwind with Star Wars Stickers and laughter. Kid laughter is the greatest thing ever. That and the fact that Tina and I have gotten so close. We are known now (at my work) as the Irish Twins. We are so much alike it's uncanny. She makes the most awesome wings-man, awesome, I tell you!


Thank you all for your prayers! I even went to adoration to give up a thank you to dad :) It is so comforting to have all of you with me. To have all the love and prayers and support. There is no way I could have gotten this far without each of you.

Until next time, I wish you pink skies, coronas, and your very own Carol (not mine, get your own, lol)

Love,
Me

No comments: